If I had one superpower what it would be and why?

Good afternoon everybody, my name is _____________________. 

Hundreds of ideas come to my mind, I wish everyday was a Sunday, I wish all vegetables were made of chocolate, I wish it would rain pocket money, I wish so much more,so when I was asked about having a superpower I really got very excited, but making a choice of only one superpower was very tough.

Frankly it took a lot of willpower to choose and after a lot of thinking, if I had one superpower, I would like to make all the elders, that is parents,teachers, aunts and uncles to become young children once again.

And why so?

First I think all of them need to chill! They are so stressed  most of the time that it not good for their health. I want them to blow bubbles, fly kites and feel feel fresh and calm.

Most of them have forgotten how to laugh. I would like to see my mother and her sister have a pillow fight and giggle and squeal with laughter.


I would like to tell my father that sometimes it is okay to cry, like he did when he was a little boy. 

To all those elders who are parents, let them not forget that whatever be their age, to our  grandparents, they continue to be children. Our grandparents deserve our love and affection too.

To all my uncles I want to tell them that all work and no play makes Jack a dull uncle Jack. So please find time to meet and enjoy with old school  friends. They are your most beloved companions.

And for a more selfish reason, I want them to be children again so that they are able to understand our feelings and thoughts and communicate to us better.

Wow! Just imagine, if all of us would be children, there would be no war, no crime,only peace and harmony, sometimes disturbed with a small fight, but soon we would be friends again. 

Now that's a super thought and if you agree let me know with a super round of applause.

Thank You. 

This piece was used by my friend Anuska at the Utopia 2012 - an inter-society cultural competition. Anuska won the 1st prize in the 2 to 4th standard students category.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GADGETS ARE MAKING US LAZY

The year I got a Wonderful teacher…